Woodlands Wellness Programs
The purpose of The Wellness Office at The Woodlands is to serve the residents with their health and wellness needs as well as support them aging in place. One of our main objectives is to work collaboratively with local community organizations to meet your needs.
We offer support in a variety of ways:
- APD’s Senior Care Team providers visits their patients at The Woodlands.
- A nurse from the APD Memorial Hospital Multi Specialty Clinic visits twice a week on Mondays and Thursdays and a nurse from Visiting Nurse and Hospice is at The Woodlands on Tuesdays. These nurses can provide: consultative services; check weight, blood pressure, and pulse; and offer basic first aid.
- River Valley Club – Four days a week instructors are here to teaching classes (Yoga and water aerobics included)
- A local acupuncturist and Chinese medicine doctor also is here once a week to teach Tai Chi.
- Osher Life Long Learning Institute at Dartmouth – Teaches year round classes at The Woodlands.
- Armistead – A community based Home Care Agency is now on the campus of APD. They offer a variety of services to meet your in home care needs.
- Several other care organizations can be connected to through The Wellness Office such as TLC, Comfort Zone, AKA Caregivers and Christina’s Caregiving.
- The Woodlands Wellness Office Coordinator helps enrich the lives of residents at The Woodlands, addressing their needs, directing their questions and concerns, keeping them connected through accessing information and services in the community, to maintain their level of independence and quality of life.
Please come into The Wellness Office when you visit The Woodlands to help us learn more about how we can help you enjoy your life here as you transition to our community. Or, call the Wellness Coordinator at the Woodlands, at (603) 442-5969 to learn more.
We look forward to having you be a part of our diverse, vibrant community.